Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Anton Veretennikov <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/15 05:27:18 UTC

Tomcat Context problem

Hello, all wicket users!

I'm new to this list but like to be for a long time being a user and
fan of wicket for several months.
I worked with Struts, JSP and every time felt that simple servlets
where much more clear.
Wicket's plainless astound and stormed me.

Well, now the problem I can't solve by my own.

Tomcat 6.0.18, several Wicket apps running on it on somejava.net

One test app with only one PageLink added as (new PageLink("homeLink",
Index.class))
It is deployed on "WicketApp" and works well with http://somejava.net/WicketApp

Now
http://somedomain.somejava.net pointed directly to this
http://somejava.net/WicketApp
http://somedomain.somejava.net shows WicketApp Index page - OK
Being on http://somedomain.somejava.net and clicking on homeLink -
Tomcat error "The requested resource (/WicketApp/WicketApp) is not
available."

http://somedomain.com is also pointed directly to this
http://somejava.net/WicketApp
http://somedomain.com shows WicketApp Index page - OK.
Being on http://somedomain.com and clicking on homeLink - Tomcat error
"The requested resource (/WicketApp/WicketApp) is not available."

How to ask wicket not to append this "WicketApp" string in theese cases?

Best regards,
Tony.

RE: Use of tag in seems to break AJAX

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
I should have specified that this is with 1.4m2 circa May 2008 so it's a
fairly old version of Wicket.

If anyone could shed some light on this issue it would be very cool. Is
it worth trying the latest Wicket or is this not a bug but part of the
design?

Chris

AJAX
> method handlers get triggered anymore. When clicking on the buttons
that
> used to work the browser shows:
>
> http://www.mysite.com/#
>
> whereas before they used to show
>
> http://www.mysite.com/param1/value1#
>
> Is there a work around for this problem?

05/28/09

Re: Tomcat Context problem

Posted by jpswain <jp...@gmail.com>.
Your context.xml file needs to be like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path=""/>

You probably have this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>