Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by deneche abdelhakim <a_...@yahoo.fr> on 2008/07/07 10:54:06 UTC

DistributedCache or not ?

I am using Hadoop in a recursive application, for each iteration a new job is launched and a large bunch of data, a big List variable, is passed using the job parameters in a form of a single xml string. The data is different for each iteration.

My question is : is there any advantage of using the distributed cache in this particular case ? for example : writing the data to a file and passing the file with the distributed cache...