Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by je...@sanmargroup.com on 2005/06/29 14:10:03 UTC

Redirecting Output to DOT Matrix Printer

Hi all,

Is is it possible to redirect the print to the DOT Matrix Printer ,
instead

of PDF file. If so what is the command line I have to Use.

Thanks

Regards
Eugene

Re: Fonts in inline elements in a single block

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
mka@exceldata.com wrote:
> I've experienced an issue with FOP when specifying different fonts for
> different inline elements in the same block,

FOP 0.20.5 doesn't support mixing different font sizes in a single
line, it will always use the font size of the block for calculating
the line height. There is no code which automatically adjusts line
height if inline content which is larger than the line heigt determined
by the block's font size occurs.
Either set the largest font size on the block, or set the line height
as noted elsewhere.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Fonts in inline elements in a single block

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Yes, background-color doesn't work in 0.20.5. But it works in the dev
version FWIW.

On 29.06.2005 19:54:01 Mike Trotman wrote:
> Can someone refresh my memory?
>
> I have a vague recollection that FOP 0.20.5 's fo:inline lacked either
> background-color or text color support.
> But I can't find any reference to this anywhere now - and I think both
> of the above are required for Basic conformance for fo:inline.
> And - I have a PDF where the background-color is not being set for an
> <fo:inline>
> (I think - it's dynamically generated and would take a little hacking to
> debug at this stage.)

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Fonts in inline elements in a single block

Posted by Mike Trotman <mi...@datalucid.com>.
Can someone refresh my memory?

I have a vague recollection that FOP 0.20.5 's fo:inline lacked either
background-color or text color support.
But I can't find any reference to this anywhere now - and I think both
of the above are required for Basic conformance for fo:inline.
And - I have a PDF where the background-color is not being set for an
<fo:inline>
(I think - it's dynamically generated and would take a little hacking to
debug at this stage.)

Thanks.

Posted by JB...@s-s-t.com.
I got good output from your file when I set the line height on that block
to the size of the largest font in the block, thus:

<fo:block font-size="12pt" font-weight="normal" font-style="normal"
line-height="40pt">This is a <fo:inline font-size="30pt"
font-style="italic" font-weight="bold" color="blue">multifont</fo:inline>
text and it is <fo:inline font-size="40pt" font-style="italic"
font-weight="bold" color="red">incorrectly</fo:inline> handled by
<fo:inline font-size="24pt" font-style="italic" font-weight="normal"
color="magenta">FOP</fo:inline>.</fo:block>

HTH

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Fonts in inline elements in a single block

Posted by mk...@exceldata.com.
Hi all,

I've experienced an issue with FOP when specifying different fonts for
different inline elements in the same block, like demonstrated below (the
entire .fo file is attached along with the resulting PDF):

<fo:block font-size="12pt" font-weight="normal" font-style="normal">

This is a <fo:inline font-size="30pt" font-style="italic"
font-weight="bold" color="blue">multifont</fo:inline> text and it is
<fo:inline font-size="40pt" font-style="italic" font-weight="bold"
color="red">incorrectly</fo:inline> handled by <fo:inline font-size="24pt"
font-style="italic" font-weight="normal" color="magenta">FOP</fo:inline>.

</fo:block>

The current approach doesn't work ... so, which is (if any), the best
alternative to making multiple fonts correctly spaced ?

Any help appriciated ...

/Mikael

Re: Redirecting Output to DOT Matrix Printer

Posted by je...@sanmargroup.com.
Thanks so much !!!

Re: Redirecting Output to DOT Matrix Printer

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Ok, so in this case you use the TextRenderer which is accessed through
the command-line using the "-txt" option, i.e.:

fop -fo mydoc.fo -txt out.txt

Please read the following infos on the Text Renderer:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/output.html#txt

Over the FOP command-line you can't redirect the text file to the
printer but if my DOS knowledge hasn't left me you can use the "copy"
command to copy the text file to the printer:

copy out.txt prn:

(or maybe it's "copy out.txt LPT1:")

On WinXP I have a "print" command but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe you
have a print command on Win98 and mabye it even works. :-)

Good luck!

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Eugene,