Posted to user@ode.apache.org by pbax2007 <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/20 16:10:19 UTC

error building the latest Apache ODE (1.1) using Ruby

Hi,
Iam new to apache ode, Here is my task, am trying to build the apache ode
(1.1) using ruby, after installing all the gems when i try to build the ode
using the command
"rake TEST=no package" , it gives the following error. I welcome all
valuable suggestions

C:\apacheOde>rake TEST=no package
(in C:/apacheOde)
Downloading org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-all:jar:0.9.7-incubating
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.
rake aborted!
Failed to download org.apache.openjpa:openjpa-all:jar:0.9.7-incubating,
tried the following repositories:
http://pxe.intalio.org/public/maven2
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
C:/apacheOde/rakefile:316

C:\apacheOde>

Here is the step i followed .

Installed ruby .
get all the gem file and installed them in the beolow order.

1. gem_name=rake (v. 0.7.3)

2. game_name=facets v. 1.8.54

gem_name=builder (v. 2.1.1)

gem_name=needle (v. 1.2.0)

gem_name=net-ssh (v. 1.1.1)
gem_name=net-sftp (v 1.1.0)

gem_name=rubyzip (v. 0.9.1)

gem_name=highline (v. 1.2.7)

rjb 1.0.4
gem_name=Antwrap (v. 0.5.2)

gem_name=buildr (v. 1.1.3)

Create a file named buildr.rake , and added the proxy sttings.
repositories.proxy = {:host=>"proxy_host", :port=>"proxy_port",
:user=>"user_name", :password=>"user_password"}

I try using the latest version of rjb 1.0.6.and when doing the build using
the command "rake TEST=no package",
 it ask to edit the buildr.rake file and set the proxy as options.proxy, but
after doing the build again it says options is undefind.

Please advise where i am went wrong ?

thanks in advance

joel

Re: error building the latest Apache ODE (1.1) using Ruby

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
BTW, I changed the Ode Rakefile to use Buildr 1.1.3 yesterday because I had
problems building with 1.2.x.   So this is just to let you know the buildr
1.2.x enhancements related to proxy settings won't kick in unless the
version is changed in the Rakefile.

alex

Posted by pbax2007 <jo...@yahoo.com>.
thanks Matthieu, by changing the proxy settings in directly in the ode rake
file , it picks up , and  builds successfully.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel,