Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kulvir Bhogal <bi...@ksbnet.com> on 2003/06/01 23:10:54 UTC

how to test

Is there a good way to test if your pop3 server is working?

I tried to use Outlook to talk to the pop3 server of james and kept
getting a:

The specified server was found but there was no response from the server
error.

When I send a mail to the box I created, I also do not see the DOS
console give me an indication that a mail message was received.  Should
I be receiving some sort of info on the console?

~Kulvir

Re: how to test

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
Kulvir, look at the logs folder, under apps/james/. There is a pop3...log
file which registers the POP3 server activities.

Hope it will help,

Marco