Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maciej Miklas <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/11 09:39:06 UTC

Cyclop - CQL3 web based editor

Hi all,

This is the Cassandra mailing list, but I've developed something that is
strictly related to Cassandra, and some of you might find it useful, so
I've decided to send email to this group.

This is web based CQL3 editor. The idea is, to deploy it once and have
simple and comfortable CQL3 interface over web - without need to install
anything.

The editor itself supports code completion, not only based on CQL syntax,
but also based database content - so for example the select statement will
suggest tables from active keyspace, or in where closure only columns from
table provided after "select from"

The results are displayed in reversed table - rows horizontally and columns
vertically. It seems to be more natural for column oriented database.

You can also export query results to CSV, or add query as browser bookmark.

The whole application is based on wicket + bootstrap + spring and can be
deployed in any web 3.0 container.

Here is the project (open source): https://github.com/maciejmiklas/cyclop

Have a fun!
 Maciej

Re: Cyclop - CQL3 web based editor

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
thanks, looks handy.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by Parth Patil <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maciej,

--
Best,
Parth

Re: Cyclop - CQL3 web based editor

Posted by Murali <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maciej,
Thanks for sharing it.

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Maciej Miklas <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is the Cassandra mailing list, but I've developed something that is
> strictly related to Cassandra, and some of you might find it useful, so
> I've decided to send email to this group.
>
> This is web based CQL3 editor. The idea is, to deploy it once and have
> simple and comfortable CQL3 interface over web - without need to install
> anything.
>
> The editor itself supports code completion, not only based on CQL syntax,
> but also based database content - so for example the select statement will
> suggest tables from active keyspace, or in where closure only columns from
> table provided after "select from"
>
> The results are displayed in reversed table - rows horizontally and
> columns vertically. It seems to be more natural for column oriented
> database.
>
> You can also export query results to CSV, or add query as browser bookmark.
>
> The whole application is based on wicket + bootstrap + spring and can be
> deployed in any web 3.0 container.
>
> Here is the project (open source): https://github.com/maciejmiklas/cyclop
>

> Have a fun!
>  Maciej