Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/14 19:23:25 UTC

XSD for Solr Schema

Hi,

Whilst we were chatting about XSD, XLST etc the other night, I started
thinking about using xalan or saxon to validate Solr schema's against some
XSD. This would mean that a specific error is thrown which highlights where
in the schema the problem(s) lie, I think this would provide a better level
of user functionality for situations where you wish to have custom schema
implementations (as many of us do).

Do we currently have measures in place to catch an invalid schema case?

Thanks

--
*Lewis*

Re: XSD for Solr Schema

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

On Tuesday 14 February 2012 19:23:25 Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whilst we were chatting about XSD, XLST etc the other night, I started
> thinking about using xalan or saxon to validate Solr schema's against some
> XSD. This would mean that a specific error is thrown which highlights where
> in the schema the problem(s) lie, I think this would provide a better level
> of user functionality for situations where you wish to have custom schema
> implementations (as many of us do).
>
> Do we currently have measures in place to catch an invalid schema case?

Actually, yes. Solr usually throws a useful exception when something goes
wrong.

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex