Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com> on 2016/08/17 18:19:47 UTC

Egress rules with default=allow

so I have a new compute offering and i have the default egress as allow.. so, it works "fine" allowing traffic.

when I go to the egress I see a popup that says "add rules to BLOCK traffic"

so as a test i add ping to block pings leaving.

I have an instance running a ping and it works.. i then add the egress rule a i still can ping..

this is 4.9

anyone seen this?

Regards,
Marty Godsey

Re: Egress rules with default=allow

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Marty -- for established connection, the firewall rules won't kill such connection. Once a egress block rule is set, it won't block established connections, but if you break pings from the VM and try again it should not allow egress traffic/pings.

Regards.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue