Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Villemos, Gert" <ge...@logica.com> on 2009/08/16 11:40:52 UTC

Info message "regular POI-based processing failed"

When processing word documents (.doc) I sometimes receives the info message;

"INFO  (PoiUtil.java:212) - regular POI-based processing failed, falling back to heuristic string extraction for file [file name]"

The extraction still seems to work. What does the message mean? Do I get something less because of this?

Thanks,
Gert.

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  / Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu schützen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.