Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2006/01/12 08:11:48 UTC

Re[2]: [SOLVED] Re: rules_du_jour/curl suddenly broken?

Hello Peter,

P> Looks like I had two problems simultaneously.  The update issue was not
P> causing the error it seems.  The real problem I'm encountering appears to
P> concern a particular SARE rule.  I am running amavisd-new with SA and this
P> is what I'm getting in my logs:

P> TROUBLE in check_mail: spam_scan FAILED: panic: swash_fetch at
P> /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_specific.cf, rule SARE_SPEC_SHORTQ, line 1,
P> <GEN6> line 1706.

P> Ok, it looks like all these errors are due to a resend of the same stupid
P> piece of red hot spam.  That SARE rule seems to be barfing from it.  I
P> enclose it for those interested.

Peter, I ran your spam through my SA with that file/rule, and had no
problem.   My test ran on Windows XP, Cygwin, SpamAssassin version
3.1.0, running on Perl version 5.8.5.

Can you use the command
>  spamassassin -D <redhotspam.txt >redhot.out 2>redhot.err
and see if the problem hits there?  If so, send me a copy of the two
output files?

I can't see how such a short and sweet rule could cause this problem.
Can use some help.

Also, maybe you can download a fresh copy of the specific.cf rules
file, and see if maybe the copy you're running with has been corrupted
some how?

Bob Menschel

Re: Re[2]: [SOLVED] Re: rules_du_jour/curl suddenly broken?

Posted by Peter <pe...@yahoo.ca>.
--- Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 7:31:39 PM, you wrote:
>
> P> Looks like I had two problems simultaneously.  The update issue was
> not
> P> causing the error it seems.  The real problem I'm encountering
> appears to
> P> concern a particular SARE rule.  I am running amavisd-new with SA and
> this
> P> is what I'm getting in my logs:
>
> P> TROUBLE in check_mail: spam_scan FAILED: panic: swash_fetch at
> P> /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_specific.cf, rule SARE_SPEC_SHORTQ,
> line 1,
> P> <GEN6> line 1706.
>
> P> Ok, it looks like all these errors are due to a resend of the same
> stupid
> P> piece of red hot spam.  That SARE rule seems to be barfing from it.
> P> enclose it for those interested.
>
> Peter, I ran your spam through my SA with that file/rule, and had no
> problem.   My test ran on Windows XP, Cygwin, SpamAssassin version
> 3.1.0, running on Perl version 5.8.5.
>
> Can you use the command
> >  spamassassin -D <redhotspam.txt >redhot.out 2>redhot.err
> and see if the problem hits there?  If so, send me a copy of the two
> output files?
>
> I can't see how such a short and sweet rule could cause this problem.
> Can use some help.
>
> Also, maybe you can download a fresh copy of the specific.cf rules
> file, and see if maybe the copy you're running with has been corrupted
> some how?

I scanned it per your suggestion and I did not find anything wrong in the
output.  I guess that places the blame on amavisd-new.  It doesn't know
how to handle the output this rule provides???

--
Peter