Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Paul Lynch <ep...@mailblocks.com> on 2004/07/19 18:48:21 UTC

Differing JAR file sizes from same ant command

For some reason, when I run ant to build one of our programs,
the resulting executable jar has a different size every time
I run the ant command.  The size only differs by about 100 bytes,
and the program runs fine, but it is disconcerting that I can't
get exactly the same file each time I run the same build command.

Has anyone else seen this?  This build command I use checks
out stuff from CVS, compiles it, and assembles the JAR using
a combination of jar, zip, and the "pack" task.

Thanks,
     --Paul Lynch