Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/22 09:35:52 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Last Camel 2.9.7 release and retire this branch

Hi

When 2.11.0 is GA, we should IMHO do a last 2.9.x release, and then
retire that branch.
Though 2.9.6 was released in early March. So when would be a good time
to do that last 2.9.7 release? Should we wait a bit till eg june, or
should we release it sooner?

Its just that if we got trunk, 2.11, 2.10. and 2.9 braches, then there
is a lot to maintain.
So I dont think there is much activity on the 2.9 branch.

Also the 2.9 branch is now 16 months actie maintained.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] - Last Camel 2.9.7 release and retire this branch

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ok, will do. All test are green - also the OSGI integration tests...

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christian

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the last Camel 2.9.x release.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Agree. Let's shoot for next week, end of this month.
Hadrian

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 for releasing it shortly.