Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by John Griswold <gr...@aware.com> on 2012/07/27 15:36:12 UTC

Re: Error in Compiling Native Thrift PHP Module

Jake Farrell <jfarrell <at> apache.org> writes:

> Currently using the php 0.8 extension with latest versions of php 5.2 and
> 5.3. I also just tested against trunk and the php extension had no problems
> compiling against 5.3.6 on centos 5.6. Let me know if you have any questions
>
> -Jake

I'm back to this project after a couple of interventions.

Currently thrift-0.8 with PHP 5.4.5 / Zend 2.4.0, on Centos 2.6.18
Our IT team is reluctant to adopt a more recent Centos version

I still get that same
404: error: ‘zend_std_get_constructor’ was not declared in this scope
error.

Since I don't care about PHP support, I think I'll just change Makefile to skirt
the issue. Does that seem valid?

Thanks,
John

Re: Error in Compiling Native Thrift PHP Module

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.
John
If you do not need the php library then run configure with the flag
--without-php

-Jake