Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralf Baumert <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/02 11:09:26 UTC

digested passwords: using RealmBase.Digest() in a jsp

Hi Folks,

please help me out of this one...

I´ve set up a tomcat with JDBC Realm Authentication
and MD5 Digest. So far, it works fine, but I
somehow don´t manage to use the Method
org.apache.catalina.realm.RealmBase.Digest()
in one of my JSPs.

I need this Feature to let my Users change their
passwords via web.

This works well when implemented as Standalone
Application. I just can´t import this class in my
JSPs. The reason is that I can´t include catalina.jar
in my classpath - tomcat won´t start when I do.

Any Ideas ? Workarounds ?

regards,
Ralf

Re: digested passwords: using RealmBase.Digest() in a jsp

Posted by Rick Fincher <rn...@tbird.com>.
Hi Ralph,

Have you tried putting catalina.jar in common/lib/ or /java/jre/lib/ext/ or
even WEB-INF/lib?

I don't know if Tomcat can get by without it in tomcat/server/lib, but you
may need to move it to prevent multiple class loading, but I doubt it.

Rick