Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2008/10/01 10:57:18 UTC

Re: Multi module Setup / release:prepare

Hi Martin,

first thanks for your answer,

> We are having the same problem here with EARs and skinny WARs. It's been
> a while since I last looked what the problem is but our problem is
> definitely related to the skinny WAR problem [0] and your's might be too.
> The workaround we are using is to run "mvn install" whenever such a
> problem occurs.
That's simply not possible, cause that happens during
mvn release:prepare phase so I can't do an mvn install before, cause the
release number will change during this phase...
> Try running mvn -X to see where your dependencies come from. Search the
> output for "selected for runtime" and "from the repository". This might
> lead you on the right track.
Hm...I will try and see....

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: Multi module Setup / release:prepare

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Wednesday 01 October 2008 Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> > We are having the same problem here with EARs and skinny WARs. It's
> > been a while since I last looked what the problem is but our problem is
> > definitely related to the skinny WAR problem [0] and your's might be
> > too. The workaround we are using is to run "mvn install" whenever such
> > a problem occurs.
>
> That's simply not possible, cause that happens during
> mvn release:prepare phase so I can't do an mvn install before, cause the
> release number will change during this phase...

Try configuring the release plugin like this:

      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
          <preparationGoals>clean install</preparationGoals>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

hth,
- martin