Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jamie <ja...@stimulussoft.com> on 2012/05/21 09:18:28 UTC

TC7: trigger seeding of SecureRandom

Hi There

We've just upgraded out web app to TC7. It seems the following is being
outputted repeatedly on the console for each page load:

trigger seeding of SecureRandom
done seeding SecureRandom

Closer inspection reveals, the Tomcat class SessionIdGenerator using
SecureRandom.

Is this normal? Why would SecureRandom have to be seeded so often? I am
also worried about the Tomcat console log filling up over time.

Thanks

Jamie

Re: TC7: trigger seeding of SecureRandom

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 21/05/2012 08:18, Jamie wrote:
> Hi There
>
> We've just upgraded out web app to TC7. It seems the following is being
> outputted repeatedly on the console for each page load:
>
> trigger seeding of SecureRandom
> done seeding SecureRandom

Can you post the full information from the log file, including the lines
before and after these entries?

> Closer inspection reveals, the Tomcat class SessionIdGenerator using
> SecureRandom.
>
> Is this normal? Why would SecureRandom have to be seeded so often? I am
> also worried about the Tomcat console log filling up over time.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jamie

[key:62590808]

Re: TC7: trigger seeding of SecureRandom

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.