Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by sree Koneru <ko...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/05 19:08:11 UTC

New Bee Questions

Hi Team,

I recently started working on Drill and got a challenging work and I have
implemented the query in SQL Server.I have to use the same logic in Drill.

First - I was wondering if we have unpivot option in Drill  in order to
convert columns to rows which is needed for my requirement.

Second - When I try to union two columns , the first set is casted as date
and second set has empty-- it is throwing error as type mismatch.

Ex:      select getdate() Alert_Time
            union
                 select ''

Appreciate the support.