Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jaime Aguado <ja...@fresh-it.com> on 2006/01/18 11:33:44 UTC

Start from scratch. Really needed?

Our spamassassin system is not able to catch 80% of incoming spam messages

I am afraid our bayes db has learned wrong items as it was fed with spam
messages directly from Outlook right after the installation and
configuration steps.

Is there a way to reset the spam/ham learned messages on the bayes database
or I need to reset the database completely? How can I do that?

Here is a list of the database location

trueno:/var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin # ls -lh
total 6.3M
drwx------   2 vscan vscan  144 Jan 18 12:02 .
drwx------  84 vscan root  4.0K Jan 18 12:01 ..
-rw-------   1 vscan vscan  13K Jan 18 12:11 bayes_journal
-rw-------   1 vscan vscan 2.5M Jan 18 12:02 bayes_seen
-rw-------   1 vscan vscan 4.4M Jan 18 12:02 bayes_toks

Thanks,

Jaime.

Re: Start from scratch. Really needed?

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Is there a smart way of deleting the bayes db?

On 2.6x pretty much just delete the bayes db files and let it start over.  I
suppose restarting spamd would be good idea, it usually is when changing
things.

I'd hand-feed the first 200 hams and spams rather than autolearning them,
were I doing it.

        Loren

RE: Start from scratch. Really needed?

Posted by Jaime Aguado <ja...@fresh-it.com>.
Im afraid I dont have that flag available. My spamassassin version is 2.64.
Is there a smart way of deleting the bayes db?

Thanks.

Or maybe you can change the value of bayes_expiry_max_db_size to make the
older tokens expire? I am not sure for this :)

---
Xueron Nee <xu...@gmail.com>

Re: Start from scratch. Really needed?