Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2015/01/28 16:12:29 UTC

Rename artifact jena-fuseki-dist as apache-jena-fuseki?

Fuseki2 comes in various binary forms.  One is the distribution
containing files fuseki-server.jar and fuseki.war.

Currently, this is module jena-fuseki-dist and the resulting file is
jena-fuseki-dist-VER.zip/.tar.gz

c.f Fuseki1: the distribution is the slightly different
jena-fuseki-VER-distribution.zip/.tar.gz

Our other delivery artifacts are

apache-jena-VER.zip
   For the main jars

apache-jena-libs for the external facing POM for the main dependencies.

If we keep that style, it would be more logical to have:

apache-jena-fuseki

Does that seem sensible?

	Andy

Re: Rename artifact jena-fuseki-dist as apache-jena-fuseki?

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
> +1
>
> So I guess you mean to change both distributions to
> apache-jena-fuseki-VER with just 1.x or 2.x in VER.

Just 2.x

(1.x has a different format with a trailing -distibution classifier due
to the way it is produced as a subsidiary file, not the main artifact)

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating)

Re: Rename artifact jena-fuseki-dist as apache-jena-fuseki?

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org>.
>If we keep that style, it would be more logical to have:
>
>apache-jena-fuseki
>
>Does that seem sensible?

I think it makes sense, +1 for apache-jena-fuseki

Bruno