Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/11/21 22:47:12 UTC

I propose to release Avalon Framework now

Here is my +1 to get the ball rolling.

The release is backwards compatible-as is 99.99% of Excalibur (tested with
own build process).

Until I hear more, I will be upgrading the docs and making the changelog
up to date.

--

"Those who would trade liberty for
  temporary security deserve neither"

Re: I propose to release Avalon Framework now

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Theres a few things that I want to check and fix first (ie known issues or
shortcomings - mainly in scratchpad stuff). I also want to add the tests for
priority queue. After that +1

Wait till maybe sunday or monday before we do a full release ?

BTW we shouldn't be including tools/* in the releases because too many people
complain about it ;) Perhaps you can add a BUILDING.txt like the one in
Phoenix (except customized for excalibur dependencies etc). Phoenixs
BUILDING.txt was basically a rip from catalinas which I think was a rip from
an earlier project (TC3?). SO you may find it easier to cut and paste bits
from those files rather than writing own.

Also I would really really appreciate a simple step through for generating
docs from released cocoon package to be added to BUILDING.txt ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: I propose to release Avalon Framework now

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Okay tested all my apps and seems fine. The only thing that I don't like is
the fact that tools/ dir is still included in source distribution. As soon as
this is fixed and the src distribution is *tested* to make sure it all works
out of the box then we can do a new release. The BUILDING document doesn't
really help if you are getting a source distribution - it only helps if you
are updating from CVS. I can try to fix this but I won't be able to do it for
a while.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: I propose to release Avalon Framework now

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
oh ... framework not excalibur ... hmm I think I have some pending
documentation ... will try to commit tonight. If not tonight it will be on
weekend sometime ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete