Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Neil Chaudhuri <nc...@potomacfusion.com> on 2009/12/07 19:35:21 UTC

Profile-Based Naming

I am using Maven profiles to generate my primary build artifact--a war
file-for two different environments. I would like to have this war file
be named differently based on the profile run. For example, I would like
the "dev" profile to produce myapp-dev.war and the "prod" profile to
produce myapp-prod.war.

If this is possible, I would appreciate some insight into how to do
this.

Thanks.

Re: Profile-Based Naming

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> be named differently based on the profile run. For example, I would like
> the "dev" profile to produce myapp-dev.war and the "prod" profile to
> produce myapp-prod.war.

You can use <classifier> for this.

Note that <finalName> can also work but it only affects the file name
in /target -- the artifact installed to your repo will not use the
finalName you specify.

Wayne