Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alexander Landsnes Keül <Al...@visma.no> on 2008/02/25 12:27:16 UTC

Roles and Tabbed Panel

Hi,

I'm looking at using Roles more fully in our application, and I'm trying to hide the tabs if the user isn't authorized for it. The way I'm doing it now is manually checking before I add each Abstract Tab to the List. If the user has the right role, well and good.

What I'm wondering, is if there's something similar to

@AuthorizeAction(action="RENDER", roles = { "ADMIN", "EMPLOYEE" } )

Which could be added to the Panel or tab? So far I haven't found a way to do that. Am I just daft or do I have to keep the check manually?

Alexander

Re: Roles and Tabbed Panel

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
Alexander,
       I have the same need than you. Could you share your implementation of
your SecureTabbedPanel?

Thanks

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> See http://markmail.org/message/m4p7czefy6gdngue
> For how someone solved it using auth-roles.
>
> Maurice
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > you have to subclass TabbedPanel and make it aware of the annotation.
> >  i think there is a SecureTabbedPanel in wasp/swarm if you are looking
> >  for inspiration.
> >
> >  -igor
> >

> >  On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Alexander Landsnes Keül
> >  <Al...@visma.no> wrote:
> >  > Hi,
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >  I'm looking at using Roles more fully in our application, and I'm
> trying to hide the tabs if the user isn't authorized for it. The way I'm
> doing it now is manually checking before I add each Abstract Tab to the
> List. If the user has the right role, well and good.
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >  What I'm wondering, is if there's something similar to
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >  @AuthorizeAction(action="RENDER", roles = { "ADMIN", "EMPLOYEE" } )
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >  Which could be added to the Panel or tab? So far I haven't found a
> way to do that. Am I just daft or do I have to keep the check manually?
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >  Alexander