Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@wamu.net> on 2007/05/31 01:49:35 UTC

How to pass -Xmx to javac in maven 1.0.2?

I'm testing a new version of Castor in our multiproject build that uses
Maven 1.0.2, and for one subproject, the javac runs out of memory.  How
do I pass a -Xmx option to the javac run from maven 1.0.2?  I only want
to do this for a single subproject at this point.

RE: How to pass -Xmx to javac in maven 1.0.2?

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
You don't mention if you tried the java plugin properties or not, so I'll
mention them first.  Do these properties work for 1.0.2?

maven.compile.fork
maven.compile.memoryInitialSize
maven.compile.memoryMaximumSize

Read about them here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/java/properties.html

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@trongus.com>.
I'm assuming you're forking the compile using a property, so that it runs in
it's own JVM.

See http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/java/properties.html and NB:
maven.compile.memoryMaximumSize

I think that's the right one.

On 5/31/07, Karr, David <da...@wamu.net> wrote:

> I'm testing a new version of Castor in our multiproject build that uses
> Maven 1.0.2, and for one subproject, the javac runs out of memory.  How
> do I pass a -Xmx option to the javac run from maven 1.0.2?  I only want
> to do this for a single subproject at this point.

dIon Gillard
Rule #131 of Acquisition: Information is Profit.