Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by One Way <on...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/14 16:01:31 UTC

Formating data with Velocity

Is there a way to format the data in Velocity, e.g. 123456.78 needs to
be shown as 123,456.78 or $123,456.78 in a web page.

Thanks in advance

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Formating data with Velocity

Posted by Travis Low <tr...@dawnstar.org>.
java.text.NumberFormat works...

cheers,

-- Travis Low
<ma...@dawnstar.org>
<http://dawnstar.org/travis>

--
-- Travis Low
    <ma...@dawnstar.org>

RE: Formating data with Velocity

Posted by Tal Dayan <ta...@zapta.com>.
You may try

getCurrencyInstance() of

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/java/text/NumberFormat.html

and

http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/docs/api/java/text/DecimalFormat.html

but you will need to write a think interface and attache it to the template
context.

Tal

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.