Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ferdous Ahmed <Ah...@afinion.com> on 2003/02/26 13:17:02 UTC

fop 0.12 to fop.20 5

Hello,

We were using FOP 0.12 for a project (producing pdf in browser). The project
started long back (November 2001).
But, now we are facing some problem with FOP old version. So we decided to
move to the new version 0.20.
Problem is that we have around 25 reports and XSL:FO specs has been changed
a lot. The new engine doesnt recognize the old spec. So I have two options
in hand

1. To change all the XSLs.
2. (I dont know if it is available) To transform the old xsl to new ones
using some sort of xml translator (may be another xsl will be helpful).

So my question is, Is there any translator available to translate the old
xsls to new xsls ?

Best Regards
Ahmed Ferdous
Team Leader
---------------------------------
In Germany:

Afinion AG
Niederlassung Deutschland
Nagaistr. 3
D-79713 Bad Saeckingen
www.afinion.de

Email: Ahmed.Ferdous@afinion.de
Fon:	+49 (0)7761 928 9-00
Fax:	+49 (0)7761 928 9-11
------------
> CONFIDENTIALITY This e-mail and any attachments are confidential
> and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient,
> please notify that you are not allowed to use this information in any way.
> Please inform the sender immediately and do not disclose the
> contents to another person, use it for any purpose, or store
> or copy the information in any medium.

----------------------------------
End of message

Re: fop 0.12 to fop.20 5

Posted by Harm Kok <h....@diderottrack.nl>.
Dear Ahmed,

I think you can start out by using "page-sequence/@master-reference"
instead of "page-sequence/@master-name". This probably will already
solve a lot of your problems. I don't know a stylesheet that solves this
problem. Another way is to parse your FO against the fo.dtd. I think you
can find it somewhere on the Renderx site. Start with a small sample,
than you will get a good idea what is wrong with your XSL.

I hope this helps.

Harm