Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Darch <dr...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/19 19:27:05 UTC

mySQL authentication issue.

Trying out Guacamole, I've followed the instructions on the site.  First
step, I got it to work without issues with a flat user-mapping.xml.

Now, moving on, I'm trying to use with mysql auth.  Somehow, the
authentication provider extension fails to start.  I have by java connector
in lib.  I have my extension in extensions.  My GUACAMOLE_HOME is pointing
to the right folder /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole.

Am setup on Fedora 26 with Tomcat 8

Here is the error message I get, any ideas?

Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 19-Oct-2017 13:59:13.408 WARNING
[localhost-startStop-1] com.google.inject.internal.ProxyFactory.<init>
Method [public void
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.connection.ConnectionDirectory.add(org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.Identifiable)
throws org.apache.guacamole.GuacamoleException] is synthetic and is being
intercepted by
[org.mybatis.guice.transactional.TransactionalMethodInterceptor@14c2a71d].
This could indicate a bug.  The method may be intercepted twice, or may not
be intercepted at all.
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 19-Oct-2017 13:59:13.409 WARNING
[localhost-startStop-1] com.google.inject.internal.ProxyFactory.<init>
Method [public void
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.connection.ConnectionDirectory.update(org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.Identifiable)
throws org.apache.guacamole.GuacamoleException] is synthetic and is being
intercepted by
[org.mybatis.guice.transactional.TransactionalMethodInterceptor@14c2a71d].
This could indicate a bug.  The method may be intercepted twice, or may not
be intercepted at all.
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 19-Oct-2017 13:59:13.438 WARNING
[localhost-startStop-1] com.google.inject.internal.ProxyFactory.<init>
Method [public void
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.connectiongroup.ConnectionGroupDirectory.add(org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.Identifiable)
throws org.apache.guacamole.GuacamoleException] is synthetic and is being
intercepted by
[org.mybatis.guice.transactional.TransactionalMethodInterceptor@14c2a71d].
This could indicate a bug.  The method may be intercepted twice, or may not
be intercepted at all.
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 19-Oct-2017 13:59:13.439 WARNING
[localhost-startStop-1] com.google.inject.internal.ProxyFactory.<init>
Method [public void
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.connectiongroup.ConnectionGroupDirectory.update(org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.Identifiable)
throws org.apache.guacamole.GuacamoleException] is synthetic and is being
intercepted by
[org.mybatis.guice.transactional.TransactionalMethodInterceptor@14c2a71d].
This could indicate a bug.  The method may be intercepted twice, or may not
be intercepted at all.
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 13:59:13.474 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR
o.a.g.extension.ProviderFactory - authentication provider extension failed
to start: com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/guacamole/net/auth/ConnectionRecordSet$SortableProperty
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 13:59:13.478 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO
o.a.g.environment.LocalEnvironment - GUACAMOLE_HOME is
"/usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole".
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 19-Oct-2017 13:59:13.519 WARNING
[org.mybatis.guice.transactional.TransactionalMethodInterceptor@2149ea97].
This could indicate a bug.  The method may be intercepted twice, or may not
be intercepted at all.
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 19-Oct-2017 13:59:13.520 WARNING
[localhost-startStop-1] com.google.inject.internal.ProxyFactory.<init>
Method [public void
org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.connection.ConnectionDirectory.update(org.apache.guacamole.net.auth.Identifiable)
throws org.apache.guacamole.GuacamoleException] is synthetic and is being
intercepted by
[org.mybatis.guice.transactional.TransactionalMethodInterceptor@2149ea97].
This could indicate a bug.  The method may be intercepted twice, or may not
be intercepted at all.
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 19-Oct-2017 13:59:13.521 WARNING
[...]
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 13:59:13.526 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR
o.a.g.extension.ProviderFactory - authentication provider extension failed
to start: com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/guacamole/net/auth/ConnectionRecordSet$SortableProperty
Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 13:59:13.559 [localhost-startStop-1] INFO
o.a.g.extension.ExtensionModule - Extension "MySQL Authentication" loaded.

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/

Re: mySQL authentication issue.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Darch <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying out Guacamole, I've followed the instructions on the site.  First
> step, I got it to work without issues with a flat user-mapping.xml.
>
> Now, moving on, I'm trying to use with mysql auth.  Somehow, the
> authentication provider extension fails to start.  I have by java connector
> in lib.  I have my extension in extensions.  My GUACAMOLE_HOME is pointing
> to the right folder /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole.
>
> Am setup on Fedora 26 with Tomcat 8
>
> Here is the error message I get, any ideas?

> Oct 19 13:59:13 docker server: 13:59:13.474 [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR
> o.a.g.extension.ProviderFactory - authentication provider extension failed
> to start: com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/guacamole/net/auth/ConnectionRecordSet$SortableProperty

This error actually looks like a version mismatch between the MySQL
extension and the core Guacamole WAR.  It looks like maybe you used an
older version of the MySQL JAR with the newer Guacamole WAR file.  Are you
downloading/installing all of this from the Guacamole web page, or have you
custom built any of it?  If you're building from the git repo, I'd suggest
removing all of your WAR and JAR files, doing a clean build, and installing
everything from the clean build.

-Nick

Re: mySQL authentication issue.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Darch <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Half a day trying to figure it out...and you're right.  I got all the files
> directly this time.  My mistake was using Maven to build my guacamole.war
> file initially.

You can definitely build it, but, if you do, make sure to grab all of the
extension JARs from the build directory, as well, to make sure the version
is the same.  There have been a few significant changes in the current git
master branch that will render mixed versions of extensions and the main
WAR file incompatible.

Glad you got it working - enjoy, and post back if you run into any other
issues!

-Nick

Re: mySQL authentication issue.

Posted by Darch <dr...@gmail.com>.
Half a day trying to figure it out...and you're right.  I got all the files
directly this time.  My mistake was using Maven to build my guacamole.war
file initially.

Thanks!

Now to figure out everything this nice little engine can do for me...

--
Sent from: http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/