Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by ganges_k <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2010/09/08 14:46:51 UTC

regarding camel snmp

Hi,

I am evaluating Camel SNMP for one of our project. I was just going through
the SNMP API. I found that the current code only supports SNMP GET Calls, as
the SnmpOIDPoller.java -> poll() method has an hard-coded value i.e.
this.pdu.setType(PDU.GET);  and the ScheduledPollConsumer.java thread is
always invoking the poll() method. If i have to implement GETNEXT, GETBULK,
what steps i have to follow?

Please suggest me what to do it.
I appreciate your quick response.

Re: regarding camel snmp

Posted by ganges_k <ga...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Well. I have tested polling is happening for the OID's which we sent to the
target but will not get the next values (means GETNEXT).

Example:

snmp:<<ip_address>>:161?protocol=udp&type=POLL&oids=1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2,1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.3

Here It will poll for the OID's which we passed in the URI options. So, it
will not poll for the next values during poll.

Please correct me if i am wrong. This is what my understanding and have
tested this.

Re: regarding camel snmp

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

Hmm, You have a point. Not sure how or why you would use GETNEXT though,
since the next value will be picked up at the following poll interval
(unless you are looking to aggregate events/alarms).

I will raise a Jira issue for this and we could try and make this a
configurable option.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com
http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com