Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/04 16:36:49 UTC

how long does "nodetool upgradesstables" take?

I just upgrade C* from 2.2.4 to 2.2.6. I ran "nodetool upgradesstables" and
it returned within a few seconds. Does this sound right? A few questions:

1. is it possible that sstable formats are the same between those versions
that's why upgradesstables took almost no time?
2. is there a way to confirm the sstable version on disk?
3. is there a way to know if sstable format has changed from version to
version?

Thanks.

Re: how long does "nodetool upgradesstables" take?

Posted by Kai Wang <de...@gmail.com>.
Jeff,

Thank you very much for the answers.

-Kai