Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2013/10/15 16:35:17 UTC

Tickets mailing list?

I'm finding it very, very difficult to keep up with traffic on the dev
mailing list, due to the huge volume of ticket auto-emails. I realize
that most of the dev discussion does in fact happen in tickets, but the
end result is that I'm simply not keeping up. I wonder if it might be
time to split ticket mail into a separate list? Would that help, or
would it just move the problem to another list?

I really want to keep up with how the project is doing but I'm not sure
how to do that as things are now, and I'm afraid that it also makes it
very hard for new folks to get into the project.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

It's in progress currently.  https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6328/ and
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/6249/ are both relevant I think

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Posted by Daniel Hinojosa <dh...@slashdotmedia.com>.

--
*Daniel Hinojosa*
*Community Manager, SourceForge / Slashdot Media*

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Posted by Daniel Hinojosa <dh...@slashdotmedia.com>.
Hey Rich,

Posted by Cory Johns <jo...@gmail.com>.
I actually end up setting up filter rules for the ticket emails, but it
means I'm less likely to read notifications regarding tickets I'm not
involved on.  If we did remove the notifications, I suppose people who want
the stream can subscribe to the tracker manually.

However, I think a daily digest of ticket activity would be far more
useful, though it's not currently supported.  Allura does have some
infrastructure for digest emails but, as far as I know, it's not currently
used anywhere.  I think this would be a good time to take a look at that
and see if we can fix it up and expose it.