Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Ilan Azbel <ia...@mdio.net> on 2004/06/15 16:28:56 UTC

Running Velocity in a standalone application

Hello,

I would like to use velocity to produce HTML pages for me from a standalone
applications. That is, I want it to output html to disk without it being
invoked by a servlet.

Anybody know how to do this? Sample code?

Ilan

Re: Running Velocity in a standalone application

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com>.
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:28:56 +0200 "Ilan Azbel" <ia...@mdio.net> wrote:
> I would like to use velocity to produce HTML pages for me from a standalone
> applications. That is, I want it to output html to disk without it being
> invoked by a servlet.
>
> Anybody know how to do this? Sample code?

It's right in the Developer's Guide:

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/developer-guide.html#Using Velocity In General Applications
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/developer-guide.html

Dave

Re: Running Velocity in a standalone application

Posted by John Rothfield <jo...@rothfield.com>.
One approach I've used is to create a typical web application and then
use wget -r from the unix command prompt to download all the pages.

John