Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 05:56:11 UTC

About Hadoop Deb file

Hello,

   I am using Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop.

   I had downloaded hadoop-1.1.1-1.deb file and check with md5 check-sum it
says verified and OK.

   But when I try to install on Ubuntu it gives warning

*Package is of bad quality.*

> *This could cause serious problems on your computer*
>
> *Lintian check results for /media/abc/hadoop_1.1.1-1_i386.deb:*
> *Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"HOME"} in concatenation (.) or string
> at /usr/bin/lintian line 108.*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/bin/task-controller*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhadoop.a*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhadoop.so*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhadoop.so.1*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhadoop.so.1.0.0*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhadooppipes.a*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhadooputils.a*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhdfs.a*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhdfs.so*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhdfs.so.0*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/lib/libhdfs.so.0.0.0*
> *E: hadoop: arch-independent-package-contains-binary-or-object
> usr/libexec/jsvc.i386 *

  What's gone wrong ??

  Thanks !!
--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Chris Embree <ce...@gmail.com>.
Jokingly I want to say the problem is that you selected Ubuntu (or any
other Debian based Linux) as your platform.

On a more serious note, if you are new to both Linux and Hadoop, you might
be much better off to select CentOS for your Linux as that is the base
development platform for most contributors.

Yes, I am very biased toward RPM based Linux Distributions.  YMMV. :)

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ok sir. I have seen it superficially but now I will look thorough at it.
*
--
Cheers,
Mayur*

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello there,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello there,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello there,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello there,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Mayur,

Have you looked at that?

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Mayur,

Have you looked at that?

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Mayur,

Have you looked at that?

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Mayur,

Have you looked at that?

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi JM,
I am just curious how did you test Unbuntu is not worst than CentOS?
Thanks.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:31 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <

Re: About Hadoop Deb file

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi JM,

Re: About Hadoop Deb file