Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Agliottone Carlo <Ca...@eng.it> on 2010/11/03 12:17:17 UTC

Axis Installation Information

Hi,

I need some information about AXIS2/C Installation and i did'nt find
some help on internet.

I try to summarize the problem:

I need to develop a C web service and for this scope i choose AXIS2C.
I need to deploy axis in Apache2 web server
I installed apache 2 and it's work fine on Ubuntu 10.4
Then i installed AXIS2C (from binaries)
After i copied libmod_axis2.so.0.6.0 as mod_axis2.so in <APACHE2 INSTALL
DIR>/modules and modified the <APACHE2 INSTALL DIR>/conf/httpd.conf as
follow

LoadModule axis2_module modules/mod_axis2.so
Axis2RepoPath /home/karlo/AXIS2C    (that is the $AXIS2C_HOME)
Axis2LogFile /home/karlo/AXIS2C
Axis2MaxLogFileSize 50
Axis2LogLevel debug
<Location /axis2>
SetHandler axis2_module
</Location>

My LD_LIBRARY_PATH I set to ${AXIS2C_HOME} because with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH: ${AXIS2C_HOME} I was not able to
start Simple AXIS2 HTTP Server

when i try to ute <APACHE2 INSTALL DIR>/bin/./apachectl -k start a
receive the following error
httpd: Syntax error on line 411 of /home/karlo/APACHE/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/karlo/APACHE/modules/mod_axis2.so into server:
libaxis2_engine.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory.

I have no idea of the problem

Please, Could you help me???

Thanks a lot
Regards.

Carlo

P.S.: I know that my english is horrible, please forgive me...

Re: Axis Installation Information

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Your issue is due to linux permission. Usually, apache server runs as a
demon and does not have access to home directory. Its better if you can copy
your binaries to a directory like /opt/axis2 or /usr/local/share.
Then you would be able to Apache server without issue.

Regards
Nandika