Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Loy <da...@ucop.edu> on 2001/09/04 20:51:01 UTC

formatter overrides

Is there any way to override the formatter. options of the
cocoon.properties from within the xslt stylesheet.

cocoon does not support xsl:output options - is there a replacement that works.

I'm trying to build HTML output but need to have the equivalent of:
<xsl:output method="xml"/>

The real need is to have the formatter step create only numeric entity
output instead of character entities in output HTML. The only method that
we've found is to change cocoon.properties:
formatter.type.text/html        = org.apache.cocoon.formatter.XMLFormatter

Pretty klunky

Sorry to annoy the list but this is a major (non-standard) problem.
David

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

Posted by Tod Thomas <tt...@chubb.com>.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.transformer.XalanTransformer: make sure the needed classes can be found in the classpath
> (org/apache/xalan/xpath/xml/XMLParserLiaison)

I'm trying to just set up Cocoon with Tomcat, no Apache yet.  I've symlinked the
necessary .jar files to the Tomcat /lib directory reather than doing a copy as per
README, could this be part of the problem?  I also noticed that the xalan.jar that
comes from Sun is more recent than the one shipped with the Cocoon package.  I've
tried both, same problem.  Tomcat works fine.  Suggestions?

Thanks - Tod

---

java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1-b24)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.1-b24, mixed mode)

Cocoon-1.8
Tomcat 3.2.3