Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tejas Sanghavi <te...@patni.com> on 2006/02/20 11:22:52 UTC

[users@httpd] Warning message on Solaris

Hi,

I am using Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 8.

When I try to listen on the port which is already in use, I get the message - "Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address ..." on the console as well as in error_log on Linux, Windows, HP-UX. But I am not getting this message on Solaris 8.

Can anybody tell me what could be the reason?

Thanks & Regards,
Tejas Sanghavi.

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

Re: [users@httpd] Warning message on Solaris

Posted by Ganeshh HariHaran <ga...@yahoo.com>.
try  lsof -i| grep -w 80 and find which all  apache threads is listening on port 80, filter the one which is in  question based on name or IP.

  take the process id from second column of the matching name or IP in question  and kill it.

  start your apache once again...

  Pls take caution if you are on production box...

  cheers

Tejas Sanghavi <te...@patni.com> wrote:              Hi,

  I am using Apache 2.0.55 on Solaris 8.

  When I try to listen on the port which is already   in use, I get the message - "Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind   to address ..." on the console as well as in error_log on Linux, Windows,   HP-UX. But I am not getting this message on Solaris 8.

  Can anybody tell me what could be the   reason?

  Thanks & Regards,
  Tejas Sanghavi.

http://www.patni.com

  This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally  privileged information for the sole use of the person or entity to  whom this message was originally addressed. Any review, e-transmission  dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon  this information by persons or entities other than the intended  recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error  kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this  mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify  us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

 Yahoo! Mail