Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Alex Blewitt <Al...@ioshq.com> on 2003/08/16 11:25:30 UTC

[LEGAL] maven.xml and project.xml don't have licenses

The main 'maven.xml' and 'project.xml' don't have any licenses inside
them. Is this intentional or an oversight?

Alex.

Re: [LEGAL] maven.xml and project.xml don't have licenses

Posted by Alex Blewitt <Al...@ioshq.com>.
On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, at 10:43 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Do they need licenses?
>
> If the ASL had a terse license for file headers I would be much
> happier about adding it to everything.
>
> James mentioned to me that there was some consideration to do this,
> but has not moved very far.  Does anyone know?

I think it makes sense for each file to have a license or licence
pointer. Otherwise, how do I know that I have the rights to use the
'project.xml' file for anything, or even modify it?

At least if the file had a short header, such as 'Apache Software
License (for full details see LICENSE.txt)' then this could be put in
place on everything.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
Do they need licenses?

If the ASL had a terse license for file headers I would be much happier
about adding it to everything.

James mentioned to me that there was some consideration to do this, but
has not moved very far.  Does anyone know?

--jason

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
AFAIK we've never put licences in build files anywhere else in Apache
(maven.xml, project.xml, build.xml). I don't see any major reasons why
we'd need to - unless someone else has?

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 10:25  am, Alex Blewitt wrote:

> The main 'maven.xml' and 'project.xml' don't have any licenses inside
> them. Is this intentional or an oversight?
>
> Alex.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/