Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Jacob Gaiski <jg...@emich.edu> on 2012/08/23 15:19:19 UTC

getInvitationHash method

Hello,

Could someone please help me with the soap API call ‘getInvitationHash’?

I’m assuming you have to specifically call this method when logged in as SOAP permissions however I’m getting a generic error that reads “Sys – Error”.

Without posting code, does anybody by any chance know what Sys – Error correlates too?

Thanks

-Jake

Re: setUserObjectandGenerateRoomHash

Posted by Jacob Gaiski <jg...@emich.edu>.
Whoops, I'm sorry.

Not language_id,

"&language=1" fixed the issue of the invitation not displaying any language
onload.

-Jake

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
You can add language=XX to the URL
like http://server:port/openmeetings/?secureHash=xxxxxxxxx&language=1

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

setUserObjectandGenerateRoomHash

Re: getInvitationHash method

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jake,

why do you call setUserAndNickName AND setUserObject ?
Both return a single hash.
There is no need to call two functions, the API methods to
"setUserObjectXYZ" are not adding more information depending on how
many you call of them.
Each Hash returned by the functions is unique. It will not add "more
information" when you call another time with the same sessionId
another API call.

The most advanced method is to use that one:
http://incubator.apache.org/openmeetings/UserService.html#setUserObjectAndGenerateRoomHashByURL

Sets the SessionObject for a certain SID, after setting this
Session-Object you can use the SID + a RoomId to enter any Room. ++
the user can press f5 to reload the page / use the link several times,
the SOAP Gateway does remember the IP of the user and the will only
the first user that enters the room allow to re-enter. ...
Session-Hashs are deleted 15 minutes after the creation if not used.

externalUserId and externalUserType are random numbers from your system.
The only trick about it is that you should use the same
externalUserId+externalUserType combination whenever the same user
from your system is entering the conference room via SOAP/REST.
OpenMeetings internally will automatically create (and update) a user
profile with the externalUserId+externalUserType.
Everytime the user access the room with the same
externalUserId+externalUserType OpenMeetings will map a user profile
to it, so that the user has the same files in his private drive in the
File-Eplorer available. In the future there might be more user
specific settings that are bound the user.

The param "username" is also just a random string. OpenMeetings will
automatically update /sync the user profile based on the
externalUserId+externalUserType.

THe user profiles that OpenMeetings will generate automatically for
the externalUserId+externalUserType are not intend to be able to login
via the usual login shield. You will find them in the user
administration of OpenMeetings but you cannot login with those users
as they have no password set (and also because there could be
potentially duplicates in the username).

Sebastian

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jake,

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.