Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Mike Pickard <mi...@nettgain.com> on 1999/06/03 11:26:45 UTC

os-windows/4522: Incompatibilities with JRun Pro 2.2. Problem persists even after uninstall of JRun.

>Number:         4522
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Incompatibilities with JRun Pro 2.2. Problem persists even after uninstall of JRun.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I've been running Apache 1.3.6 on my NT system for the best part of a week
now, no problems whatsoever, - I already had JRunPro 221on my system (that
worked fine too).
This morning I decided to uninstall/reinstall JRun, so I could use it as a
simple servlet server, using Apache as the main server.
installation seemed to work fine.
On restart Apache failed to run (as a service) and I got two errors:

"The procedure entry point _app_push_array@4 could not be located in the
dynamic link library ApacheCore.dll"

followed by a Windows error:
"Error 2186: The service is not responding to the control function"

This problem persists even once JRun has been uninstalled, and requires a reinstallation of Apache :(
As far as I can see, no modifications have been made to ApacheCore.dll

I'm 'fairly' new to the world of servers - has anyone come across this
problem before, and is there a simple fix ?
My colleague is running JRunpro and Apache 1.3.4 with no problems, I presume that JRun and Apache 1.3.6
are compatible ?
>How-To-Repeat:
Install Apache 1.3.6
Install JRun pro 2.2.1