Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Rajan Ahlawat <ra...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/02 10:49:34 UTC

Fwd: Ignite partitioned mode not scaling

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Unfortunately we can only help you if we have a runnable reproducer,
meaning you should prepare a stripped down project which still exhibits
this behavior while not containing any proprietary information, share it
with us via e.g. GitHub.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Rajan Ahlawat <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Cherkasov <mc...@gridgain.com>.

wrote:

> If QPS > 2000 I am using multiple hosts for application which is shooting
> requests to cache.
> If benchmark is the bottleneck, we shouldn't see drop from 2600 to 2200
> when we go from 1 to 3 node cluster.
>
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:24 AM Rajan Ahlawat <ra...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mikhail
>>
>> could you please share the benchmark code with us?
>> I am first filling up around a million records in cache. Then through
>> direct cache service classes, fetching those records randomly.
>>
>> do you run queries against the same amount of records each time?
>> Yes, 2600 QPS means, it picks 2600 records randomly over a second and do
>> get query over sql caches of different tables.
>>
>> what host machines do you use for your nodes? when you say that you have
>> 5 nodes, does it mean that you use 5 dedicates machines for each node?
>> Yes, these are five dedicated linux machines.
>>
>> Also, it might be that the benchmark itself is the bottleneck, so your
>> system can handle more QPS, but you need to run a benchmark from several
>> machines. Please try to use at least 2 hosts for the benchmark application
>> and check if there any changes in QPS.
>> As you can see in the table, I have tried with different combinations on
>> nodes, and with increase in nodes, our qps of requests being served under
>> 50ms is getting down each time.
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 1:29 AM Mikhail Cherkasov <mc...@gridgain.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Rajan,
>>>
>>> could you please share the benchmark code with us?
>>> do you run queries against the same amount of records each time?
>>> what host machines do you use for your nodes? when you say that you have
>>> 5 nodes, does it mean that you use 5 dedicates machines for each node?
>>> Also, it might be that the benchmark itself is the bottleneck, so your
>>> system can handle more QPS, but you need to run a benchmark from several
>>> machines. Please try to use at least 2 hosts for the benchmark application
>>> and check if there any changes in QPS.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mike.

Mikhail.

Re: Ignite partitioned mode not scaling

Posted by Rajan Ahlawat <ra...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi Mikhail
>
> could you please share the benchmark code with us?
> I am first filling up around a million records in cache. Then through
> direct cache service classes, fetching those records randomly.
>
> do you run queries against the same amount of records each time?
> Yes, 2600 QPS means, it picks 2600 records randomly over a second and do
> get query over sql caches of different tables.
>
> what host machines do you use for your nodes? when you say that you have 5
> nodes, does it mean that you use 5 dedicates machines for each node?
> Yes, these are five dedicated linux machines.
>
> Also, it might be that the benchmark itself is the bottleneck, so your
> system can handle more QPS, but you need to run a benchmark from several
> machines. Please try to use at least 2 hosts for the benchmark application
> and check if there any changes in QPS.
> As you can see in the table, I have tried with different combinations on
> nodes, and with increase in nodes, our qps of requests being served under
> 50ms is getting down each time.
>

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 1:29 AM Mikhail Cherkasov <mc...@gridgain.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rajan,
>>
>> could you please share the benchmark code with us?
>> do you run queries against the same amount of records each time?
>> what host machines do you use for your nodes? when you say that you have
>> 5 nodes, does it mean that you use 5 dedicates machines for each node?
>> Also, it might be that the benchmark itself is the bottleneck, so your
>> system can handle more QPS, but you need to run a benchmark from several
>> machines. Please try to use at least 2 hosts for the benchmark application
>> and check if there any changes in QPS.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 2:49 AM Rajan Ahlawat <ra...@gmail.com>

> [...]