Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chia Hao Lo <fc...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 08:44:30 UTC

About the example in the wiki page of FunctionQuery

( I've sent this mail two days ago, but I cannot find it in the mail
archive.
  So I guess the mail is not sent successfully.
  Sorry for sending this mail twice in case that it did send. )

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Solr and have a question about the example in FunctionQuery.

I've read the document of these:

    http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery
    http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax

and don't understand the example in FunctionQuery.

It's said that the query below searches the field boxname with value =
"finxbox", then order the results by x * y * z.

    q=boxname:findbox+_val_:"product(product(x,y),z)"

What does the "+" between findbox _val_ stand for? Is it mean "order by"?

According to the document, the score is replaced by "+_val_:...". I tried
it,
but the result is not like that. The scores are changed but I cannot
tell how it works.

Thanks.

chlo

Re: About the example in the wiki page of FunctionQuery

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I think that "+" there is just a "space" (like %20).
 Otis
----

> ( I've sent this mail two days ago, but I cannot find it in the
> mail
archive.
  So I guess the mail is not sent
> successfully.
  Sorry for sending this mail twice in case that it did
> send. )

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Solr and have a question about the
> example in FunctionQuery.

I've read the document of these:

> >http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

> href="http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax" target=_blank
> >http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax

and don't understand the
> example in FunctionQuery.

It's said that the query below searches the
> field boxname with value =
"finxbox", then order the results by x * y *
> z.

> q=boxname:findbox+_val_:"product(product(x,y),z)"

What does the "+"
> between findbox _val_ stand for? Is it mean "order by"?

According to the
> document, the score is replaced by "+_val_:...". I tried
it,
but the
> result is not like that. The scores are changed but I cannot
tell how it
> works.

Thanks.

chlo