Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com> on 2010/08/15 20:32:52 UTC

Site plugin with Javadoc: apidocs/index.html already exists

Hi,

When I use Javadoc reporting with the Site plugin, I always get a warning:

  [INFO] Skipped "JavaDocs" report, file "apidocs/index.html" already exists for the English version.

This occurs even if I run "mvn clean" followed by "mvn site". It does not occur if I run the Javadoc goal directly: "mvn javadoc:javadoc".

I know it may seem like a small thing, but the message is misleading and causes confusion. It warns that the JavaDocs report is being skipped when in fact it isn't.

The warning was mentioned in bug MJAVADOC-212:

  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-212

And from the comments, it seems Vincent Siveton created and committed a patch that fixed the bug in Javadoc Plugin 2.5. But I'm still seeing the warning with Javadoc Plugin 2.7.

Any advice on how to fix (or at least work around) it?

Trevor

P.S. Attached is the simplest possible test project that gives the warning. Simply run "mvn site".