Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2004/11/12 18:45:58 UTC

libtool 1.3 support

I seem to recall from way back when there was some desire that
apr/apr-util/* should support libtool 1.3 (or at least "can be built
using libtool 1.3").

Does anyone still really want this?  I'd like to fix apr-util to link
libaprutil against the libraries on which it depends, but this just
doesn't work with libtool 1.3 which can't do inter-library dependencies
(i.e. libaprutil-N.la depends on libapr-N.la and libexpat.la etc).

joe

Re: libtool 1.3 support

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 05:45:58PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
> I seem to recall from way back when there was some desire that
> apr/apr-util/* should support libtool 1.3 (or at least "can be built
> using libtool 1.3").
>
> Does anyone still really want this?

I will presume that silence implies "no", so speak up soon if you care
about libtool 1.3!

joe