Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Serkan Camurcuoglu <se...@telenity.com> on 2008/09/23 23:08:52 UTC

Portlets embedded in layout decorators

Hi all,
I've modified the Locale selector portlet by changing
j2-admin/WEB-INF/view/locale-list.jsp and I made it use links instead of
a select box. My intention is to change locale directly by clicking
links. It's working fine. Then I've put this locale selector portlet
into my layout decorator using the "jetspeed.renderPortletEntity()" method.

Now, my problem is, when I click on one of the locale links, the portal
page changes to the first opened page. For example, I started jetspeed,
then I opened page A. Then I navigated to page B. Now, when I click one
of the locale selector links (which are always visible since they are
included in my layout decorator), the portal page changes to page A
again. In short, it seems like Jetspeed associates this portlet with the
first page it's displayed on, and it behaves like a normal portlet on
its own page.

Can anybody suggest a solution to this behaviour? Basically I want to
stay on the same page when I switch locale..

Regards,

SerkanC

Re: Portlets embedded in layout decorators

Posted by Serkan Camurcuoglu <se...@telenity.com>.
thanks very much, David! It's great to get such a precise answer
immediately :)

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.