Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by SSpirits <ad...@lv5.moe> on 2022/11/21 12:14:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] [RIP-57] Tiered storage for RocketMQ

Hi, RocketMQ Community:

We have the plan to improve the store module of RocketMQ. Specifically, we want to introduce tiered storage for RocketMQ to extend message reserve time and get other benefits.

We have written the proposal, and you can see it by the link below:
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-57-Tiered-storage-for-RocketMQ

Please reply to this email if you have any suggestions.

Your response would be highly appreciated.
SSpirits
Email:admin@lv5.moe<ma...@lv5.moe>

Re: [DISCUSS] [RIP-57] Tiered storage for RocketMQ

Posted by hzh0425 <hz...@163.com>.
+1 for this feature.

| |
hzhrmq@163.com

邮箱:hzhrmq@163.com

---- 回复的原邮件 ----
| 发件人 | Xin Wang<da...@gmail.com> |
| 日期 | 2022年11月22日 20:55 |
| 收件人 | dev@rocketmq.apache.org<de...@rocketmq.apache.org> |
| 抄送至 | |
| 主题 | Re: [DISCUSS] [RIP-57] Tiered storage for RocketMQ |
Big +1 for this feature.

Xinyu Zhou <yu...@apache.org> 于2022年11月22日周二 17:57写道:

> +1 to leverage the ability of cloud storage through this RIP.
>
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 10:41 AM aaron ai <aa...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Pleasant to see this feature since Pulsar/Kafka has provided similar
> > ability for tiered storage.
> >
> > SSpirits <ad...@lv5.moe> 于2022年11月21日周一 20:15写道:
> >
> > > Hi, RocketMQ Community:
> > >
> > > We have the plan to improve the store module of RocketMQ. Specifically,
> > we
> > > want to introduce tiered storage for RocketMQ to extend message reserve
> > > time and get other benefits.
> > >
> > > We have written the proposal, and you can see it by the link below:
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/wiki/RIP-57-Tiered-storage-for-RocketMQ
> > >
> > > Please reply to this email if you have any suggestions.
> > >
> > > Your response would be highly appreciated.
> > > SSpirits
> > > Email:admin@lv5.moe<ma...@lv5.moe>

Xin

Re: [DISCUSS] [RIP-57] Tiered storage for RocketMQ

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Big +1 for this feature.

Posted by Xinyu Zhou <yu...@apache.org>.

Posted by aaron ai <aa...@apache.org>.

Suggestions:[DISCUSS] [RIP-57] Tiered storage for RocketMQ

Posted by hzh0425 <hz...@163.com>.
Hi, thank you very much for introducing this feature to RocketMQ.
According to my understanding, Tiered storage should be able to adapt to Controller mode (RIP 44)?
For example, in RIP 44, we use the sequence <epoch, offset> to ensure data consistency between master and slave.
If Tiered storage is introduced, when some segments were stored to the remote end and deleted on the master broker, and a new broker is added at this time, how can it identify these deleted segments and reconstruct the <offset, epoch> sequence, to ensure the same status as the master broker?
In addition to the above, there may be other things to consider.
Maybe we can build this project together to better match RIP 44?

在 2022-11-21 20:14:35,"SSpirits" <ad...@lv5.moe> 写道: