Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/08/23 15:26:26 UTC

[Schema refactoring] OidRegistry, 2

Well, after a second thought, the OidRegistry is useless. We can use the
SO registries instead of the unique OidRegistry, as we laready have a
way to find a SO from its OID using this data structure. We just have to
extend it by adding a name->SO to be able to cover the same
functionalities offered by the current OidRegistry.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [Schema refactoring] OidRegistry, 2

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Cool :)
This is perfect timing as we're working with Stefan on improving the Schema
Editor for our next releases.

Thanks,
P-A

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Does this mean that a single SchemaObjectRegistry will allow the lookup of
objects by name AND oid ?
If yes, we would make a great use of that in Studio.

Regards,
P-A

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> So it sounds to me like you're making the OID registry capable of returning
> any kind of SchemaObject when you look up by OID instead of just confirming
> OID exists or looking OID by alias name?

No, the OID registry is just there to guarantee OID uniqueness. It's not
anymore a MAP, it's a Set (or it should be)

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org