Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/13 01:18:26 UTC

DTD in war file?

I'm about to deploy a T4 application on a machine with no Internet
connection.
Can I put the Tapestry DTD in the war file? If so, which url should I use
in the doctype declaration?

Seems like relative paths are resolved as relative to the current working
dir so this wouldn't work:
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
   "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
   "Tapestry_4_0.dtd">

Thanks,
Martin

Re: DTD in war file?

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I found SpecificationParser.java and saw how it's done.
Now I just need to figure out how to register an EntityResolver globally
so that I can override the location of my non-Tapestry DTDs...

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:37:37 +0100, Martin Strand
<do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, ok... great! :)
> But how does Tapestry make sure they're loaded from the jar? I'm pretty
> sure I'll get the same problem with a couple of other (non-Tapestry)
> DTDs.
>
> Martin
>
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 03:05:29 +0100, andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
>
>> Tapestry's DTD are already in the tapestry jar...
>>
>> Inside org.apache.tapestry.script and org.apache.tapestry.parse
>>
>> And Tapestry makes sure it loads them from there, so you won't have any
>> problems.
>>

>> Martin Strand wrote:
>>> I'm about to deploy a T4 application on a machine with no Internet
>>> connection.
>>> Can I put the Tapestry DTD in the war file? If so, which url should I
>>> use in the doctype declaration?
>>>
>>> Seems like relative paths are resolved as relative to the current
>>> working dir so this wouldn't work:
>>> <!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
>>>   "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
>>>   "Tapestry_4_0.dtd">
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Martin

Re: DTD in war file?

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.
Oh, ok... great! :)

Re: DTD in war file?

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.

Martin Strand wrote:
> I'm about to deploy a T4 application on a machine with no Internet
> connection.
> Can I put the Tapestry DTD in the war file? If so, which url should I
> use in the doctype declaration?
>
> Seems like relative paths are resolved as relative to the current
> working dir so this wouldn't work:
> <!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
>   "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 4.0//EN"
>   "Tapestry_4_0.dtd">
>
> Thanks,
> Martin

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr