Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt & Toni Willis <mw...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2003/10/15 04:23:24 UTC

Difficulty getting html:message tag to work.

Hi,

I'm using Struts 1.1, and am attempting to utilize the new
ActionMessages class with the <html:message> tag.

I have the following code in my Action class:

actionMessages.add("message", new
ActionMessage("error.systemAuthentication.failure"));
                  saveMessages(request, actionMessages);

With the corresponding tags in my jsp:

<logic:messagesPresent>
</logic:messagesPresent>

No message is being rendered in the html page though.

I think I'm definitely misunderstanding the concept behing both
ActionMessages and htmL:message.

Thanks in advance:

Matt