Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com> on 2023/02/27 03:14:34 UTC

generated code ?

I'm trying to expand my knowledge about the internals of Netbeans and
extend the code cleanup work that I've done in the past.

In the following file:
ide/schema2beans/src/org/netbeans/modules/s2banttask/S2bConfigDelegator.java

I see the following comment at the beginning of the file.

/**
 * Delegate for S2bConfig
 *
 * @Generated
 */

This doesn't make sense to me. This file does NOT appear to be generated by
the build system and the comment appears, to me, to be incorrect.

The git history shows it to be checked into the source tree back in 2018
and no changes have been made to it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

-brad w.

Re: generated code ?

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brad,

the code predates apache and is a bit older:
https://github.com/emilianbold/netbeans-releases/commit/120313a2b4794faa51c9500672e8f15bdf246fb7#diff-3fd438c7dc0a5b0b977a5e049e791b0d8febd0294a96a7ee391c3e5d145390a6

it does look generated to me tbh. it is basically a delegate objects
which delegates everything to the wrapped object.

another clue is that it uses no imports and there are evil tabs
everywhere :)

-mbien