Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Twan <tw...@sensualdirectory.com> on 2007/05/15 16:15:43 UTC

Transfer large files?

Hello,

I'm developing a client and server where the client retrieves
information from a server. This information is retrieved by sending
text queries to the server and the server returns a the information
(text format). For this i am using the TextLineCodecFactory which works great.

But at a certain point i have to transfer a large binary file (about
10mb) to the client. One method i came up with is to put the large in
a java object and use ObjectSerializationCodecFactory. But the
problem with this solution that i have to load the 10mb file into
memory on the server.

I rather read a couple bytes from a file that is on the server and
send it directly to the client. Can somebody please tell me which
combination of classes i should use to make this work?

Kind regards,
Twan

Re: Transfer large files?

Posted by Twan <tw...@sensualdirectory.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Pete.
StreamWriteFilter looks promising, i found the following mail in the archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mina-dev@directory.apache.org/msg01657.html
It even demonstrates on how to set it up in combination with the
TextLinkCodecFactory.
Archives are definately handy.

-twan

Re: Transfer large files?