Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/30 20:22:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.6 - RC3

Please vote to approve Apache Flex SDK Installer version 2.6 to be
released.

*Issues addressed in RC3*
1.  Updated README to include:

a. Mention about sdk-installer-config-3.0.xml and the new location
b. Note about changing Adobe AIR namespace version from 3.4 to 2.6 on Linux

2.  Updated sdk-installer-config-3.0.xml to make AIR 3.8/FP 11.8 as default
3.  Ensure that en_US is selected as default when there is default locale
is not available.

*Issues addressed in this release*:

1.  Ability to select Flex SDK version
2.  Ability to select a combination of Flash Player and AIR versions
3.  Support for installing Nightly builds of the Flex SDK
4.  Support for installing Release Candidates of the Flex SDK
5.  Of course, support for installing Flex SDK 4.10.0
6.  Ability to track the Flex SDK version and OS type of the machine in
case of successful installation.
7.  Support for Linux

The source distributions for Windows and Mac are available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/2.6/rc3/

The binary distributions as a convenience for the respective
platforms, available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/installer/2.6/rc3/binaries

*Before **voting** please review the section*,  "What are the ASF
requirements on approving a release?" at http://www.apache.org/dev/**
release.html#approving-a-**release<http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release>

*Please vote** to approve this release*:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Om & Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.6 - RC3

Posted by Chris Martin <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Tested installer on Windows 8, just had to run as admin.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
+1 (binding)

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.6 - RC3

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Looks fine to me.

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Swen van Zanten <fl...@hdsign.nl>.
+1

I guess I can vote too..
Tested it on mac osx 10.8.4 & on windows 7 64bit
Installs were successfully. With different SDK's and different fp and air.

Regards,

SWEN VAN ZANTEN
Hoofdstraat 160
2171 BL, Sassenheim

Op 31 jul. 2013, om 10:34 heeft Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> het volgende geschreven:

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
+1 (binding)

asc sigs verify for zip and tar.gz

Tar.gz built and installed a working SDK from RC3 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 with
AIR 3.4.

Rat-check passed

README and RELEASE_NOTES look fine

The installer still chooses en_US as the default even though my system
preferences has pt as the first one in the list and Safari and other apps
have switched, but I think we've lived with this behavior in the past and
can continue to do so.

-Alex

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.6 - RC3

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Getting to it, just woke up ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.6 - RC3

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
bump...