Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Leah Cole <co...@google.com.INVALID> on 2021/07/21 18:56:18 UTC

Fwd: 🦦 Sign-ups are now available for ACROSS Workshops 🦦

Hi Airflow community!

Some of my wonderful colleagues and general all around fabulous people
(Amanda Casari and Katie McLaughlin) are running a workshop about
attributing OSS contributions l and I thought it would be of interest to
our community. The great news about the ASF is it does provide a really
community forward approach to what is considered a contribution, and, imho,
the Airflow community does a great job of recognizing all kinds of
contribution, but I'm sure there's plenty we can learn here and/or share
with other participants! Please also feel free to pass this info along to
any other open source communities you think might be interested in it.

Cheers,
Leah

From: Amanda Casari <am...@google.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 9:01 PM

Hello OCEAN open source explorers, friends, and community members  🌊

Project OCEAN <https://vermontcomplexsystems.org/partner/OCEAN/> (Open
source Complex Ecosystems And Networks) is seeking volunteers to sign up
for our ACROSS (Attributing Contribution Responsibilities in OSS) workshops.

ACROSS (http://bit.ly/across-workshop-community-pitch) is a framework to
create and publish community-generated contribution schemas for open source
ecosystems, clarifying who is present in open source and the impact they
have.

We are seeking individuals to help us identify and build attribution
schemas for projects, events, and organisations. Sign-ups available at
https://forms.gle/MEjap2cbtN67YXhC6 for the following dates:

   -

   Repositories: Wednesday, July 28th or Thursday, July 29th
   -

   Organizations: Wednesday, August 11th or Thursday, August 12th
   -

   Events: Wednesday, September 1st or Thursday, September 2nd

Please feel free to forward this information onto anyone you feel may be
interested. We need a wide perspective on what makes open source continue
to work (or not!).

More questions? Please contact the project team (
across-opensource-workshops@googlegroups.com) and we'll be happy to help
you out.

Cheers,

Amanda and Katie